LETTERS TO GOD FROM DOGS
Dear God, How
come people love to smell flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another? Where
are their priorities?
* Dear God, When we get to Heaven, can we sit on your couch?
Or is it the same old story?
* Dear God, Excuse me, but why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not one named for a dog? How
often do you see a cougar riding around? We dogs love a nice ride! I know every breed cannot have its own model, but it would be easy to rename the Chrysler Eagle the Chrysler
* Dear God, Is it true that in Heaven, dining room tables have on-ramps?
*Dear God, When we get to the Pearly Gates, do we have to shake hands to get in?
* Dear God, Are there dogs on other planets, or are we alone? I have been howling at the moon and stars for a long time, but all I ever hear back is the beagle across the street!
* Dear God, Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?
* Dear God, When my family eats dinner they always bless their food. But they never bless mine. So, I've been wagging my tail extra fast when they fill my bowl.
Have you noticed my own blessing?
* Dear God, I've always lived at the shelter and I have everything I need. But many of the cats here have names and I don't. Could you give me a name please? It would
be good for my self-esteem.
* Dear God, The new terrier I live with just wet on the Oriental rug and I have a feeling my family might blame me 'cos they think I'm jealous of this stupid dog. Since they have no sense of smell, how can I convince them I'm innocent? Does Petsmart sell lie detectors?
(From Pets' letters to God, Mark Bricklin [translator]
Back to Index