Rules for successful living:
1. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let
the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. If you really need a grouch, there are probably a few dozen of your relatives to do the job.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Just never let the brain stay idle.
4. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. Laugh so much that you can be tracked in the store for your distinctive laugh.
5. Do not worry about situations beyond your control. God is still on his throne!
6. Tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire lives, is ourselves.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Shoulder only your own responsibilities. Then go to the mall, the next country, a foreign country, but not to guilt.
10. Tell the people that you love that you love them, at every
opportunity. Remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Back to Index